What’s the deal with shipping?
We ship our subscription boxes on the first Wednesday of the month (this will apply for the very next month after you have ordered). One-off boxes are despatched under second class post throughout the UK, with P&P being charged as an addition. Ask us about international deliveries.
What if I have an allergy?
We do our best to hand-pick our foodie items for the boxes, but we know that people are increasingly affected by intolerances and allergies. We suggest if you are at all concerned about what may be in a forthcoming or a newly received box, you request details from us directly and we can give you reassurance from the supplier.
Are the boxes for boys and girls?
We have a male and female version of our ‘cute one’ box. We accept that some will feel there is a slight bias in femininity around our boxes – in part, a decision rooted in the fact that there are more females than males going through eating disorders – but, at any time we are happy to create a bespoke box with a special person in mind.
Which boxes are available for subscription?
Our cute one is the main subscription option at the point of launching Wednesday’s Child, but we are happy to send any size on a regular basis.
What if I’d like a bespoke box?
No problem whatsoever. Get in touch and let us know who we’re curating the box for – and when it must be received.
I make a great product. Can it feature in your box?
Certainly, we’d love to consider more suppliers and specialists who want to have their items in our box. Drop a line to our founder Debbie, for a chat, and we’ll take it from there.
So you’re the kind who doesn’t care what you get and just wants a surprise? Ah, yes. We know your type. If you’re happy for us to surprise and delight, then this wellbeing giftbox or 'box of kindness' is a great option. We’ll tell you here a set price for a box containing between 6 and 9 items. Those treats will likely be across the comfort, food and inspiration themes, but whatever they end up being, you’re sure to be excited by this doorstep arrival.
Typical contents include:
• A food item – most likely a nourishing bar, or snack, biscuits or similar (we look for fairly new and less ‘mainstream’ producers)
• A hydrating drink or beverage option – this might be a long-life high calorie milkshake drink, smoothie, hot chocolate sachets, or similar
• A pampering item – bath accessories, candles, moisturiser, lip balm, skin mask (something to aid self care)
• A warming ‘care’ item – this might be socks, heated hand warmers, a small hot water bottle or such
• Recipes – some curated chef-led recipes of easy to make meal and snack options
• Affirmation Activity – we love things like affirmation cards, which can be used as daily reminders of self-worth
• Mindfulness or Mental Focus – latest wellbeing book, mindful activity book, colouring book
• Our resources – extra documents we think may be useful, with guides around things like ‘how to handle Christmas’, and always to include a Feedback and Booking form (physical as well as those available online) to encourage feedback to you, and booking on to events and community activities with our network