Five Simple Daily Additions for 2023
Want to make sure your recovery stays on track this year?
Add these five things to your daily schedule:
- Whether you do it at the beginning or the end of the day, write down your thoughts and feelings, feeling empowered to express yourself.
- Be grateful. Always look for the gratitude in that which you encounter every day.
- Visualise the future you desire without your eating disorder. Be clear about your intention and vision.
- Accept or forgive those who don’t truly understand (but who try). Know that we use a lot of energy and emotion on being angry at those who don’t empathise or comprehend our illness. Try to accept that some really want to be understanding of you and your illness, but simply don’t have the tools.
- Breathe and be. Be in the moment. Hear yourself breathing. Take time and space to control your breath and consider where you are. It’s amazingly calming in difficult times.
- Jan 2023