New For You, From Us: A Recovery Internship
These are challenging times for us all.
The pandemic has presented us with a world which none of us would have predicted or considered possible a mere six months ago.
For those in the midst of an eating disorder recovery journey, we recognise that this is even more complex, and we always want to do what we can to make life a little easier or more rewarding.
Our team have reflected on how we felt during recovery, and what might have helped us, and we think it’s therefore the perfect time to bring you something new.
We’re launching our Recovery Internship concept.
Do you need a little something more as you move through day to day, trying to stay focused on self-care and health restoration?
Could Wednesday’s Child help you find more validation, purpose and possibility, to aid you in the transition?
Our mission is always to help more of you battling an eating disorder to take your eyes away from the rearview mirror, and instead to look toward future opportunities and aspirations.
We want to hear from those of you who may:
- Have just emerged from a residential inpatient period and want a role or opportunity which helps ease you back into work or into a volunteer scenario
- Be recovering, and not fully ready to return to work, but keen to keep up with some skills or use of your time
- Have recently decided not to return to university or another educational or career commitment, and instead want time to focus on your recovery while investigating opportunities in a productive but less pressured way
- Be well on the road to recovery and wanting to play a role in something which could potentially help others who are travelling the path which you have
- Identify that it’s time to take yourself out of the fast paced pressures of your current job, and look at the scope of other work or volunteering scenarios which allow you to flourish and / or find your feet
Of course, these are just a few situations which might feel relevant.
Equally, we want to hear from employers and entrepreneurs who could see a way in which their roles might be suitable for people within our community.
Some of the internships will be delivered via opportunities which exist within Wednesday’s Child itself, while others will involve matching you with businesses and brands we feel would be a great fit for you.
You’ll appreciate we’re in the early days of this, and launching it mid-pandemic, but we’d love to hear from those of you who are interested as a recipient, or as a partner or collaborator in any way.
Email for more information. Hello@wednesdayschild.co.uk
- Jul 2020